The PPCR Sub-Committee was established to oversee the operations and activities of the PPCR.
Composition of PPCR Sub-committee
- Six representatives from contributor countries to the PPCR, identified through a consultation process among contributor countries. Current contributor country members: Australia/Canada, Denmark/Norway, Germany/Spain, Japan, United Kingdom, United States
- Six representatives from eligible recipient countries to the PPCR, identified through a consultation among such countries. Current recipient country members: Dominica, Haiti, Nepal, Niger, Samoa, and Tajikistan
- The developing country Chair or vice-Chair of the Board of the Adaptation Fund.
- A representative of a recipient country when a program from such a country is under funding consideration by the Sub-Committee.
PPCR members referred to in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 are the decision-making members.
PPCR representatives serve for one-year terms and may be reappointed. No more than one member will represent the same country at any given time.
- Approving programming priorities, operational criteria and financing modalities for the PPCR;
- Selecting countries to be funded under the PPCR and approving PPCR financing for programs;
- Approving periodic reports on lessons learned through PPCR pilot programs to inform the SCF Trust Fund Committee, the Board of the Adaptation Fund (AFB), and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- Ensuring that activities of the PPCR complement the activities of other development partners (including the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and the UN organizations), in order to maximize synergies and avoid overlap.
- Approving members of the Expert Group and providing guidance and information necessary for the Expert Group to perform its duties.
- Exercising other functions deemed necessary to fulfill the functions of the PPCR.